Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Feel the Love Big Bird Birthday Card

Hi!  Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made to send to Madison at Funky Cards for the I Feel the Love project. This month she is collecting birthday cards for a little boy named Ethan.  He was diagnosed with a rare liver disease called Biliary Atresia when he was 2 months old.  Thanks to a liver transplant and the wonderful care he got from the doctors, Ethan will be celebrating his 2nd birthday in November.  I decided to make a Big Bird birthday card for him.  I will also be entering this card into Challenge #31 over at Birthday Sundaes which is to make a tall or long birthday card.  Have a great day and thanks for looking!  :)



Materials Used:
  • Sesame Street Friends Cricut Cartridge (Big Bird)
  • Stretch Your Imagination Cricut Cartridge (Present)
  • Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge (Birthday Hat)
  • Just a Note Cricut Cartridge (Banner)
  • INKADINKADO Birthday Stamp
  • Faded Jeans Distress Ink
  • Tea Dye Distress Ink
  • Stickles and Colored Pearls
  • Black Gelly Roll Pen
  • Googly Eyes

13 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love the googly eyes too! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, what an adorable card:) I love it!! The colors are so vibrant and the cut out of Big Bird so cute! Ethan will love it too. Thank you for you support. You are fabulous!!
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super FUN card...love it...Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is simplu adorable, and what a sweet thing to do for Ethan. Hw will love it! hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, so cute! I love Big Bird (and I'm sure Ethan will too!)! This is the perfect card for a 2-year-old. Those google eyes just make me *smile*. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, how adorable is this?! I bet this card puts a huge smile on Ethan's face! Great choice of colors and I really like the banner with his name on it.

    Linda
    http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is ADORABLE Karen!! I'm sure little Ethan is going to love it! I know my soon-to-be 2 year old would go nuts for it!! I love the bright colors and the banner with his name is so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Karen, this is so sweet! I'm SO happy Ethan will be receiving this wonderful work of love... the colors are so bright and cheery and I LOVE that you personalized a banner for him! Fabulous card for this sweet little boy. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!
    http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen! This is so adorable! Big bird cut really nicely!

    I know that I was a follower of yours before and have no idea how I became and un-follower! I was having some troubles with comments/seeing followers so I am following you again! LOL! See you soon!
    Carri-abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great tall card. Bird bird is awesome. Ethan will love this card. A special card for a special little boy. Thanks for sharing with us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute cute card!! I love Big Bird and I am sure Ethan will too! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete